Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
This course covers the topics associated with analysis of varied electrical circuits, operation of varied electrical machines, varied electronic elements to perform well in their individual fields.
• to find out the essential principles of electrical circuital law’s and analysis of networks.
• to know the principle of operation and construction details of DC machines & Transformers.
• to know the principle of operation and construction details of generator and 3-Phase induction motor.
• to check the operation of PN junction diode, half wave, full wave rectifiers and OP-AMPs.
• to find out the operation of PNP and NPN transistors and varied amplifiers.
UNIT – I
Basic definitions – sorts of network parts – Ohm’s Law – Kirchhoff’s Laws – Inductive networks – electrical phenomenon networks – Series – Parallel circuits – Star-delta and delta-star transformations.
UNIT – II
Principle of operation of DC generator – electromotive force equation – sorts of DC machine – torsion equation – Applications – 3 purpose starter – Speed management strategies of DC motor – Swinburne’s check.
UNIT – III
Principle of operation and construction of single part transformers – electromotive force equation – Losses – OC & SC tests – potency and regulation.
UNIT – IV
AC Rotating Machines:
Principle of operation and construction of alternators– sorts of alternators – Principle of operation of electric motor – Principle of operation of 3-Phase induction motor – Slip-torque characteristics – potency – Applications.
I Year – II Semester
L T P C
4 0 0 3
BASIC ELECTRICAL AND physics ENGINEERING
Rectifiers & Linear ICs:
PN junction diodes – Diode applications(Half wave and bridge rectifiers). Characteristics of operation amplifiers (OP-AMP) – application of OP-AMPs (inverting, non-inverting, measuring instrument and differentiator).
PNP and NPN electronic transistor, semiconductor as AN electronic equipment- semiconductor electronic equipment – Frequency response of Ce electronic equipment – ideas of feedback amplifier.
• able to analyse the varied electrical networks.
• able to perceive the operation of DC generators,3-point starter and DC machine testing by Swinburne’s check.
• able to analyse the performance of single-phase electrical device.
• able to justify the operation of 3-phase generator and 3-phase induction motors.
• able to analyse the operation of wave, full wave bridge rectifiers and OP-AMPs.
• able to justify the one stage Ce electronic equipment and idea of feedback electronic equipment.
1. Electrical Technology by Surinder Pal Bali, Pearson Publications.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits, R.L. Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky, ninth edition, PEI/PHI 2006.
1.Electrical Circuit Theory and Technology by John Bird, Routledge Taylor &Francis cluster
- Basic engineering science by M.S.Naidu and S.Kamakshiah,TMH Publications
3.Fundamentals of engineering science by Rajendra Prasad, letter Publications,2nd edition
4.Basic engineering science by Nagsarkar,Sukhija, Oxford Publications,2nd edition
5.Industrial physics by G.K. Mittal, PHI