• perceive the design of a contemporary pc with its numerous process units. conjointly the Performance measuring of the pc system. • additionally to the current the memory management system of pc.
Basic Structure Of Computers: useful unit, Basic Operational ideas, Bus structures, System software package, Performance, The history of pc development.
Machine Instruction and Programs: Instruction and Instruction Sequencing: Register Transfer Notation, programing language Notation, Basic Instruction sorts, Addressing Modes, Basic Input/output Operations, The role of Stacks and Queues in computer programing equation. element of directions: Logic Instructions, shift and Rotate directions
variety of directions: Arithmetic and Logic Instructions, Branch directions, Addressing Modes, Input/output Operations
INPUT/OUTPUT ORGANIZATION: Accessing I/O Devices, Interrupts: Interrupt Hardware, enabling and Disabling Interrupts, Handling Multiple Devices, Direct access, Buses: Synchronous Bus, Asynchronous Bus, Interface Circuits, commonplace I/O Interface: Peripheral element Interconnect (PCI) Bus, Universal Serial Bus (USB)
The MEMORY SYSTEMS: Basic memory circuits, Memory System thought, ReadOnly Memory: store, PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, non-volatile storage, Cache Memories: Mapping Functions, INTERLEAVING Secondary Storage: Magnetic onerous Disks, Optical Disks,
II Year – II Semester
L T P C
4 0 0 3
process Unit: elementary Concepts: Register Transfers, playacting associate degree Arithmetic Or operation, attractive A Word From Memory, Execution of Complete Instruction, Hardwired management, small programmed Control: Microinstructions, small program Sequencing, Wide Branch Addressing Microinstructions with next –Address Field
• Students will perceive the design of recent pc.
• they’ll analyze the Performance of a pc exploitation performance equation
• Understanding of various instruction sorts.
• Students will calculate the effective address of associate degree quantity by addressing modes
• they’ll perceive however pc stores positive and negative numbers.
• Understanding of however a pc performs operation of positive and negative numbers.
1. pc Organization, Carl Hamacher, Zvonks Vranesic, Safea Zaky, fifth Edition, baseball player Hill. 2. pc design and Organization, John P. Hayes, third Edition, baseball player Hill.
1. pc Organization and design – William Stallings Sixth Edition, Pearson/PHI
2. Structured pc Organization – Andrew S. Tanenbaum, fourth Edition PHI/Pearson
3. Fundamentals or pc Organization and style, – Sivaraama Dandamudi Springer Int. Edition.
4. “Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface” by David A. Patterson and John L. Hennessy.
5. J .P. Hayes, “Computer design and Organization”, McGraw-Hill, 1998.