CRYPTOGRAPHY AND NETWORK SECURITY
• On this course the next ideas and follow of cryptography and community safety
• Classical methods, symmetric block ciphers (DES, AES, different up to date symmetric
• Public-key cryptography (RSA, discrete logarithms),
• Algorithms for factoring and discrete logarithms, cryptographic protocols, hash features,
authentication, key administration, key change, signature schemes,
• E mail and net safety, viruses, firewalls, digital proper administration, and different subjects.
Safety Objectives, Cryptographic Assaults, Providers and Mechanisms, Arithmetic of Cryptography
Arithmetic of Symmetric Key Cryptography, Introduction to Fashionable Symmetric Key Ciphers,
Information Encryption Normal, Superior Encryption Normal.
Arithmetic of Uneven Key Cryptography, Uneven Key Cryptography
Information Integrity, Digital Signature Schemes & Key Administration
Message Integrity and Message Authentication, Cryptographic Hash Capabilities, Digital
Signature, Key Administration.
Safety at software layer: PGP and S/MIME, Safety on the Transport Layer: SSL and TLS
Safety on the Community Layer: IPSec, System Safety
IV Yr – I Semester
L T P C
Four zero zero 3
• To be familiarity with data safety consciousness and a transparent understanding of
• To grasp fundamentals of secret and public cryptography
• To grasp protocols for safety companies
• To be acquainted with community safety threats and countermeasures
• To be acquainted with community safety designs utilizing accessible safe options (such
• SSL, IPSec, and many others)
1) Cryptography and Community Safety, Behrouz A Forouzan, DebdeepMukhopadhyay, (3e)
Mc Graw Hill.
2) Cryptography and Community Safety, William Stallings, (6e) Pearson.
3) On a regular basis Cryptography, Keith M.Martin, Oxford.
1) Community Safety and Cryptography, Bernard Meneges, Cengage Studying.