ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS
This topic offers with the final idea of distribution system, substations and
feeders in addition to discusses distribution system evaluation, safety and coordination, voltage
management and energy issue enchancment.
• To review various factors of Distribution system.
• To review and design the substations and distribution programs.
• To review the ideas of voltage drop and energy loss.
• To review the distribution system safety and its coordination.
• To review the impact of compensation for energy issue enchancment.
• To review the impact of voltage management on distribution system.
UNIT – I:
Introduction to distribution programs, Load modeling and traits – Coincidence issue
– Contribution issue loss issue – Relationship between the load issue and loss issue –
Classification of masses (Residential, industrial, Agricultural and Industrial).
UNIT – II:
Location of substations: Ranking of distribution substation – Service space with‘n’main
feeders – Advantages and strategies of optimum location of substations..
Design Concerns of distribution feeders: Radial and loop sorts of main feeders –
Voltage ranges – Feeder loading – Fundamental design apply of the secondary distribution system.
UNIT – III:
Voltage drop and energy–loss calculations: Derivation for voltage drop and energy loss in
strains – Uniformly distributed masses and non-uniformly distributed masses – Numerical
issues – Three section balanced main strains.
UNIT – IV:
Goals of distribution system safety – Varieties of widespread faults and process for
fault calculations for distribution system – Protecting gadgets: Precept of operation of fuses
– Circuit reclosures – Line sectionalizes and circuit breakers.
Coordination of protecting gadgets: Basic coordination process –Varied sorts of coordinated operation of protecting gadgets – Residual Present Circuit Breaker
UNIT – V:
Compensation for Energy Issue Enchancment
Capacitive compensation for powerfactor management – Several types of energy capacitors –
shunt and sequence capacitors – Impact of shunt capacitors (Fastened and switched) – Energy issue
correction – Capacitor allocation – Financial justification – Process to find out the perfect
capacitor location – Numerical issues.
UNIT – VI:
Voltage Management: Gear for voltage management – Impact of sequence capacitors – Impact of
AVB/AVR – Line drop compensation – Numerical issues.
• Capable of perceive varied elements of distribution system.
• Capable of design the substation and feeders.
• Capable of decide the voltage drop and energy loss
• Capable of perceive the safety and its coordination.
• Capable of perceive the impact of compensation forp.f enchancment.
• Capable of perceive the impact of voltage management.
Textual content Ebook:
1. “Electrical Energy Distribution system, Engineering” – by TuranGonen,
McGraw–hill Ebook Firm.
1. Electrical Distribution Methods by Dale R.Patrick and Stephen W.Fardo,
2. Electrical Energy Distribution – by A.S. Pabla, Tata McGraw–hill Publishing
firm, 4th version, 1997.
3. Electrical Energy Distribution Methods by V.Kamaraju, Proper Publishers.