Engineering drawing being the principle methodology of communication for engineers, the
objective to introduce the scholars, the techniques of constructing the varied sorts of polygons,
curves and scales. the target is additionally to examine and represent the 3D objects in second planes
with correct orientating, scaling etc.
• To introduce the employment and therefore the application of drawing instruments and to create the scholars
construct the polygons, curves and varied sorts of scales. the coed are going to be able to
understand the necessity to enlarge or scale back the dimensions of objects in representing them.
• To introduce writing projections and to project the points and features parallel to 1
plane and inclined to alternative.
• to create the scholars draw the projections of the lines inclined to each the planes.
• to create the scholars draw the projections of the plane inclined to each the planes.
• to create the scholars draw the projections of the varied sorts of solids in numerous
positions inclined to 1 of the planes.
• To represent the thing in 3D read through isometric views. the coed are going to be able to
represent and convert the isometric read to writing read and contrariwise.
UNIT I Polygons, Construction of standard polygons victimisation given length of a side; conic section, arcs of
circles and rectangular methods; Scales – Vernier and Diagonal scales.
UNIT II Introduction to writing projections; projections of points; projections of straight
lines parallel to each the planes; projections of straight lines – parallel to 1 plane and inclined
to the opposite plane.
UNIT III Projections of straight lines inclined to each the planes, determination of true lengths,
angle of inclinations and traces.
UNIT IV Projections of planes: regular planes perpendicular/parallel to 1 plane and inclined
to the opposite reference plane; inclined to each the reference planes.
UNIT V Projections of Solids – Prisms, Pyramids, Cones and Cylinders with the axis inclined to
one of the planes.
UNIT VI Conversion of isometric views to writing views; Conversion of writing
views to isometric views.
I Year – I Semester
L T P C
4 0 0 3
- Engineering Drawing, N. D. Butt, Chariot Publications
- Engineering Drawing, K. L. Narayana & P. Kannaiah, Scitech Publishers.
- Engineering Graphics, P.I. Varghese, John Joseph McGraw Hill Publishers
- Engineering Graphics for Degree, K. C. John, letter of the alphabet Publishers
- Engineering Drawing, Agarwal & Agarwal, Tata John Joseph McGraw Hill Publishers
- Engineering Drawing + AutoCad – K Venugopal, V. Prabhu Raja, New Age