In sight of the growing importance of English as a tool for international communication and therefore the sequent stress on coaching the scholars to amass communicative ability, the programme has been designed to develop linguistic and communicative ability of the scholars of Engineering.
As so much because the elaborate Textbooks ar involved, the main focus ought to air the abilities of listening, speaking, reading and writing. The nondetailed Textbooks ar meant for in depth reading for pleasure and profit.
therefore the strain within the programme in totally on the event of communicative skills and fostering of concepts.
- To imporve the language proficiency of the scholars in English with stress on LSRW skills. 2. To modify the scholars to check and comprehend the prescribed lessons and subjects additional effectively concerning their theorotical and sensible elements. 3. To develop the communication skills of the scholars in each formal and informal things.
- To modify the scholars to understand the role of listening talent and improve their pronounciation. 2. To modify the scholars to grasp the speech of individuals happiness to completely different backgrounds and regions. 3. To modify the scholars to pay attention for general content, to replenish data and for specific data.
I Year – I Semester
L T P C
4 0 0 3
ENGLISH – I
- to create the scholars attentive to the importance of speaking for his or her personal and skilled communication. 2. To modify the scholars to precise themselves fluently and accurately in social and skilled success. 3. to assist the scholars describe objects, things and folks. 4. to create the scholars participate in cluster activities like roleplays, discussions and debates. 5. to create the scholars particiapte in exactly a second talks.
- To modify the scholars to grasp a text through silent reading. 2. To modify the scholars to guess the meanings of words, messages and inferences of texts in given contexts. 3. To modify the scholars to skim and scan a text. 4. To modify the scholars to spot the subject sentence. 5. To modify the scholars to spot discourse options. 6. To modify the scholars to create intensive and in depth reading.
- to create the scholars perceive that writing is a definite formal skills. 2. To modify the scholars to jot down sentences and paragraphs. 3. to create the scholars establish and use applicable vocabulary. 4. To modify the scholars to narrate and describe. 5. To modify the scholars capable of note-making. 6. To modify the scholars to jot down coherently and cohesively. 7. to create the scholars to jot down formal and informal letters. 8. To modify the scholars to explain graphs victimisation expressions of comparision. 9. To modify the scholars to jot down techincal reports.
- the category ar to be learner-centered wherever the learners ar to scan the texts to urge a comprehensive plan of these texts on their own with the assistance of the coevals and therefore the teacher. 2. Integrated talent development methodology should be adopted with specialize in individual language skills as per the tasks/exercise. 3. The tasks/exercises at the top of every unit ought to be completed by the learners solely and therefore the teacher interventionis perimitted as per the complexness of the task/exercise. 4. The teacher is anticipated to use supplementary material where necessary and additionally generate activities/tasks as per the need.
- The teacher is perimitted to use lecture methodology once a totally new thought is introduced within the category.
Assessment Procedure: Theory
- The formative and summational assessment procedures ar to be adopted (mid exams and finish semester examination). 2. Neither the formative nor summational assessment procedures ought to check the memory of the content of the texts given within the textbook. The themes and international comprehension of the units within the gift day context with application of the langauge skills learnt within the unit ar to be tested. 3. solely new unseen passages ar to be to check reading skills of the learners. Written skills ar to be tested from sentence level to essay level. The communication formats— emails,letters and reports– ar to be tested beside applicable langauge and expressions. 4. Examinations: I middle communicating + II middle communicating (15% for descriptive tests+10% for on-line tests)= twenty fifth
(80% for the most effective of 2 and 2 hundredth for the other)
finish semester exams=70%
- 3 clear assignments ar to be to the learners wherever they’ll have to be compelled to scan texts from the reference books list or different sources and write their gist in their own words.
The following text books ar counseled for study in I B.Tech I Semester (Common for all branches)and I B.Pharma I Sem of JNTU Kakinada from the tutorial year 2016-17
[content-egg module=Amazon template=list]