Human Computer Interaction
• Demonstrate AN understanding of pointers, principles, and theories influencing human laptop interaction.
• acknowledge however a system could also be changed to incorporate human diversity.
• choose a good vogue for a particular application.
• style mock ups and do user and professional analysis of interfaces.
• do the steps of experimental style, usability and experimental testing, and analysis of human laptop interaction systems.
• Use the knowledge sources out there, and bear in mind of the methodologies and technologies supporting advances in HCI.
The User Interface: Introduction, Importance of the programme, Importance and advantages of fine style History of Human laptop Interface. Characteristics of Graphical and internet programme: Graphical User Interface, quality of graphics, ideas of Direct Manipulation, Graphical System advantage and disadvantage, Characteristics of graphical user interface. internet programme, quality of internet, Characteristics of internet Interface, Merging of Graphical Business systems, Principles of programme style
The programme style method: Obstacles and Pitfall within the development Process, Usability, the look Team, Human Interaction with Computers, necessary Human Characteristics in style, Human thought in style, Human Interaction Speeds, Performance versus Preference, strategies for Gaining and Understanding of Users
Understanding Business Functions: Business Definitions analysis, determinative Business Functions, style standards or vogue Guides, System coaching and Documentation
III Year – I Semester
L T P C
4 0 0 3
HUMAN laptop INTERACTION
Principles of fine Screen style: Human concerns in screen Design, interface style goals, check for an honest style, screen that means and purpose, Technological concerns in Interface style System Menus and Navigation Schemes: Structure, Functions, Context, Formatting, Phrasing and choosing, Navigating of Menus, sorts of Graphical Menus Windows Interface: Windows characteristic, parts of Window, Windows Presentation designs, varieties of Windows, Window Management, internet systems
Device and Screen-Based Control: Device primarily based controls, Operable Controls, Text entry/readOnly Controls, Section Controls, Combining Entry/Selection Controls, alternative Operable Controls and Presentation Controls, choosing correct controls
Effective Feedback steering and Assistance: Providing the correct Feedback, steering and help Effective internationalisation and Accessibility- International thought, Accessibility, produce significant Graphics, Icons and pictures, Colors-uses, attainable issues with colours, selecting colours
• Students square measure assessed on their ability to speak and apply UCD strategies within the capstone project course. Assessment includes examination of team reports and the way HCI students will discuss challenges ANd solutions for adapting UCD strategies to suit the sensible wants of an actual project
one. Wilbert O. Galitz, “The Essential Guide to programme Design”, Wiley Republic of India Edition a pair of. Prece, Rogers, “Sharps Interaction Design”, Wiley Republic of India.
3. mountain Shneidermann,”Designing the user interfaces”. third Edition, Pearson Education Asia.
one. Soren Lauesen, “User Interface Design” , Pearson Education a pair of. Alan Cooper, Robert Bernhard Riemann, David Cronin, “Essentials of Interaction Design”, Wiley
3. Alan Dix, Janet Fincay, GreGoryd, Abowd, Russell, Bealg,”HumanComputer Interaction”, Pearson Education.