*To familiarize with the process of management and to provide basic insight into select
contemporary management practices
*To provide conceptual knowledge on functional management and strategic management.
Introduction to Management: Concept –nature and importance of Management –Generic
Functions of Management – Evaluation of Management thought- Theories of Motivation –
Decision making process-Designing organization structure- Principles of organization –
Organizational typology- International Management: Global Leadership and Organizational
behavior Effectiveness(GLOBE) structure
Operations Management: Principles and Types of Management – Work study- Statistical
Quality Control- Control charts (P-chart, R-chart, and C-chart) Simple problems- Material
Management: Need for Inventory control- EOQ, ABC analysis (simple problems) and Types of
ABC analysis (HML, SDE, VED, and FSN analysis).
Functional Management: Concept of HRM, HRD and PMIR- Functions of HR Manager- Wage
payment plans(Simple Problems) – Job Evaluation and Merit Rating – Marketing ManagementFunctions of Marketing – Marketing strategies based on product Life Cycle, Channels of
distributions. Operationlizing change through performance management.
Project Management: (PERT/CPM): Development of Network – Difference between PERT and
CPM Identifying Critical Path- Probability- Project Crashing (Simple Problems)
Strategic Management: Vision, Mission, Goals, Strategy – Elements of Corporate Planning
Process – Environmental Scanning – SWOT analysis- Steps in Strategy Formulation and
Implementation, Generic Strategy Alternatives. Global strategies, theories of Multinational
Contemporary Management Practice: Basic concepts of MIS, MRP, Justin- Time(JIT) system,
Total Quality Management(TQM), Six sigma and Capability Maturity Model(CMM) Levies,
Supply Chain Management , Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Process outsourcing
(BPO), Business process Re-engineering and Bench Marking, Balanced Score Card.
IV Year – II Semester
L T P C
4 0 0 3
*After completion of the Course the student will acquire the knowledge on management
functions, global leadership and organizational behavior.
*Will familiarize with the concepts of functional management project management and
- Dr. P. Vijaya Kumar & Dr. N. Appa Rao, ‘Management Science’ Cengage, Delhi, 2012.
- Dr. A. R. Aryasri, Management Science’ TMH 2011.
- Koontz & Weihrich: ‘Essentials of management’ TMH 2011
- Seth & Rastogi: Global Management Systems, Cengage learning , Delhi, 2011
- Robbins: Organizational Behaviour, Pearson publications, 2011
- Kanishka Bedi: Production & Operations Management, Oxford Publications, 2011
- Philip Kotler & Armstrong: Principles of Marketing, Pearson publications
- Biswajit Patnaik: Human Resource Management, PHI, 2011
- Hitt and Vijaya Kumar: Starategic Management, Cengage learning
- Prem Chadha: Performance Management, Trinity Press(An imprint of Laxmi Publications Pvt.
Ltd.) Delhi 2015.
- Anil Bhat& Arya Kumar : Principles of Management, Oxford University Press, New Delhi,