To impart basic data and understanding regarding the first producing processes like casting, joining, bulk forming, flat solid forming and metallurgy and their connection in current producing industry; To introduce process strategies of plastics.
UNIT – I
CASTING : Steps concerned in creating a casting – Advantage of casting and its applications. – Patterns and Pattern creating – sorts of patterns – Materials used for patterns, pattern allowances and their construction, Principles of Gating, Gating magnitude relation and style of Gating systems
UNIT – II
Methods of melting and kinds of furnaces, activity of castings, activity of pure metals and alloys, short & long temperature reduction vary alloys. Risers – varieties, perform and style, casting style issues, Basic principles and applications of Centrifugal casting, Die casting and Investment casting.
UNIT – III
Welding : Classification of attachment processes, sorts of welded joints and their characteristics, Gas attachment, differing types of flames and uses, Oxy – ethyne Gas cutting. Basic principles of Arc attachment, Manual metal arc attachment, Submerged arc attachment, chemical element attachment- TIG & MIG welding.
UNIT – IV
Resistance attachment, Solid state attachment processes- Friction attachment, Friction stir attachment, Forge attachment, Explosive attachment; Thermit welding, Plasma attachment, optical device attachment, electromagnetic radiation attachment, fastening & Brazing.
Heat affected zones in welding; pre & post heating, Weldability of metals, attachment defects – causes and remedies – damaging and non damaging testing of welds, style of welded joints.
UNIT – V
Plastic deformation in metals and alloys, Hot operating and Cold operating, Strain hardening and hardening. Bulk forming processes: formation – varieties formation, Smith formation, Drop formation, Roll formation, formation hammers, Rotary formation, formation defects; Rolling – fundamentals, sorts of rolling mills and product, Forces in rolling and power necessities. Extrusion and its characteristics. sorts of extrusion, Impact extrusion, hydrostatic extrusion; Wire drawing and Tube drawing.
Introduction to metallurgy – compaction and sintering, benefits and applications
II Year – II Semester
L T P C
4 0 0 3
UNIT – VI
Sheet metal forming – Blanking and piercing, Forces and power demand in these operations, Deep drawing, Stretch forming, Bending, Spring back and its remedies, Coining, Spinning, sorts of presses and press tools.
High energy rate forming processes: Principles of explosive forming, magnetism forming, Electro hydraulic forming, rubber pad forming, benefits and limitations.
Processing of Plastics: sorts of Plastics, Properties, Applications and their process strategies, Blow and Injection moulding.
- producing Processes for Engineering Materials – Kalpakjain S and Steven R Schmid- Pearson Publ , 5th Edn.
- producing Technology -Vol I- P.N. Rao- TMH
- producing Science – A.Ghosh & A.K.Malik – East West Press Pvt. Ltd
- method and materials of manufacture- Lindberg- letter of the alphabet
- Production Technology- R.K. Jain- Khanna
- Production Technology-P C Sharma-S. Chand
- producing Processes- H.S. Shaun- Pearson
- producing Processes- J.P. Kaushish- letter of the alphabet
- Workshop Technology /WAJ Chapman/CBS Publishers & Distributors Pvt.Ltd.
Course out comes: At the top of the course the scholar shall be ready to:
- style patterns, Gating, runner and riser systems a pair of. choose an acceptable casting method supported the element three. Learn varied arc and solid state attachment methodes and choose an acceptable process supported the appliance and necessities four. perceive varied bulk deformation processes five. perceive varied flat solid forming and process of plastics